- General Office & Adult Services
- Mon.-Fri. 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Toy Center
- Wed. 2:00-5:00 p.m.
Mon. & Fri. 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Low Vision Services
- Tues.-Thurs. 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- For all hours and locations,
visit the About Us page.
Having a disability shouldn’t be a barrier to finding and keeping meaningful employment. The agency’s Community Employment Services opens windows of opportunity for people with a variety of abilities at all different skill levels. United Disability Services works closely with many employers in the community willing to make the necessary accommodations to hire someone with a disability.
Our experienced Community Employment staff can help an individual:
- Identify job skills, abilities and interests.
- Target the skills, work habits and on-site work experience that makes someone most employable.
- Pursue goals through job development, job seeking and job placement services. Job coaching and other services are also available to ensure a smooth transition into the job setting and to help an individual maintain employment.
- Find supported employment in one of our workstations located at a business in the community. Candidates for supported employment demonstrate the skills necessary for community employment but still need the support of an on-site supervisor for daily needs and instruction. We have workstations available in janitorial, manufacturing and an exciting food services venture called Taste Buds, a cafeteria run by UDS at Summit County Children Services.
- Feel good about eating good. Taste Buds also offers a fresh and tasty box lunch menu featuring a variety of mouth-watering sandwiches; signature salads; piping hot, homemade soups and specialty pizzas—all made by people in UDS’ Community Employment program learning the skills necessary to work in food services either in a supported work environment or in the community. Take a look at our fresh and tasty menu today!
- Transition from high school to post graduation employment. We help students transition to employment after high school by helping define employment goals and interests, and by learning the skills that will help obtain successful job placement.
To learn more about how UDS can help you to achieve employment success, contact us online or call Community Employment Services at 330.762.9755
“Janco Cleaning Services is very proud of our long association with UDS and for the opportunity to help those in our community who need a little extra support. It is very rewarding to work with an organization that not only helps people with disabilities find employment, but also helps them succeed.”
–Ellen Freemal, Janco Service Industries
“We partnered with UDS to help meet our customer’s demands. Helping our community and working with caring people with genuine appreciation and smiles are added benefits. We hope to continue to grow these mutual benefits.”
–Bob McCune, Merryweather Foam, Inc.