- General Office & Adult Services
- Mon.-Fri. 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Toy Center
- Wed. 2:00-5:00 p.m.
Mon. & Fri. 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Low Vision Services
- Tues.-Thurs. 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- For all hours and locations,
visit the About Us page.
United Disability Services was one of the first agencies in the area to recognize the need for a different kind of day program – one that focuses solely on the social, recreational and therapeutic needs of people with disabilities. The agency’s fresh, individualized approach, SociAbilities, emphasizes leisure skills, educational enrichment, therapeutic interventions and self-direction as a means of feeling good about oneself and continuing to grow as a person, regardless of age, physical or cognitive ability.
No matter what the level of ability, our creative SociAbilities staff works with individuals to design, develop and adapt activities that encourage socializing, self-awareness and personal growth in a bright, cheerful environment.
Social, Recreational and Educational Activities
All SociAbilities activities are designed with specific likes and interests in mind. The program offers the opportunity for people to choose from a variety of fun and interesting activities that they help to create! Activities may include arts and crafts, games and sports, educational topics and current events, music, group projects, community involvement and a variety of special interest groups.
Community field trips are a great way to experience the world. Monthly outings may include trips to restaurants, malls, nature areas and sporting events. Groups are kept small to ensure individual attention to specific needs.
Special Interest Groups/Clubs
Special interest groups and clubs are forming all the time and may include Sports Fanatics, Beauty/Glamour Club, Time Traveler, Scrapbook Committee, Pet Visits, Gardening Club, Bird Watchers, Inventions and Game Tournaments.
Looking for more opportunities to get together with friends after the end of the day? SociAbilities “After Hours” hosts dances four times a year, a camping weekend and a variety of fun and creative craft classes. Check out the events calendar on the home page for upcoming activities and registration information.
Who does SociAbilities serve?
- Anyone with a disability in need of additional physical, cognitive or behavioral supports. Our caring and sensitive direct care staff is specially trained and attentive to meeting individual personal care needs.
- Individuals retiring from the work setting.
- Young graduates who need a transitional option to prepare for a less supervised setting.
- Anyone who may want part-time programming to complement a work schedule or someone looking for a less active program schedule.