- General Office & Adult Services
- Mon.-Fri. 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Toy Center
- Wed. 2:00-5:00 p.m.
Mon. & Fri. 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Low Vision Services
- Tues.-Thurs. 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- For all hours and locations,
visit the About Us page.
Membership is open to anyone who encourages children to learn through play. The Toy & Resource Center serves any individual who is developmentally between birth and age six, or who may have need for the material.
An annual membership fee is charged. The fees are minimal when compared to the cost of toys, and are to help keep the library operating. The fee is determined by the type of membership you or your organization may need. For those individuals or families that financially are unable to afford a membership, a limited number of vouchers are available to help cover the costs of Toy & Resource Center membership.
Memberships to the Toy & Resource Center make creative and appreciated holiday, baby shower, birthday or teacher gifts.
|Type of Membership||Annual Fee||# of items* that may be borrowed||# of weeks items may be borrowed|
|Individual (teacher/therapist, etc.)–Non-profit||$50||8||4|
|Public/Local School Membership (Group Rate)*||$100||8||4|
|Individual Family Membership||$40||4||2|
|Grandparent–Limited to 6 visits per year||$15||4||2|
|Home Care Provider||$50||8||4|
*Items may be renewed for one borrowing period provided that the items are not on reserve.
- Akron Children’s Hospital
- Summit County Developmental Disabilities Board
- Parent Coalition
- The University of Akron
With additional support from:
- Akron Community Foundation
- The Haslinger Family Foundation
- Roger T. & Judith A. Read Fund of Akron Community Foundation
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Northeastern Ohio, Inc.
- Sam & Kathy Salem Philanthropic Fund
- The Sisler McFawn Foundation
- United Way of Summit County
For more information, contact us online or call the Toy & Resource Center at 330.762.9755.