Our Core Values (S.T.R.I.D.E.)
- Serving People. Service to others is the primary purpose of UDS and all who carry out its mission.
- Teamwork. We reach our common goals by supporting and bringing together different skills, interests and ideas to work as a unit.
- Respect. We communicate thoughtfully and honestly, act with integrity, and always treat people well.
- Inclusion. We improve the abilities and opportunities of those we serve by supporting full access and membership in the community.
- Dignity. By our actions, we protect and uplift the inherent worth of each person served.
- Excellence. We are passionate about delivering exceptional quality in our programs and services.
Our Strategic Plan
Goal #1: Evolve and strengthen UDS core programs and infrastructure to ensure high levels of quality in meeting the changing needs of the people we serve.
- Resolutely increase community immersion of all Adult Services participants.
- Launch the new Basic Employment Skills Training (BEST) service model that will replace Vocational Habilitation, consistent with state mandates.
- Align agency resources and infrastructure to support an expanded community-based model.
Goal #2: Attract, engage, appreciate and retain qualified staff who advance the mission of UDS.
- Build a “recruiting culture” and create a “candidate experience.”
- Improve on the agency’s baseline turnover rate of 28%.
- Adapt and adjust Adult Service job descriptions and responsibilities to reflect the changing requirements related to community immersion.
Goal #3: Protect and enhance the reputation of UDS as a leader in the field of serving persons with disabilities.
- Develop a strategic communication plan that keeps all stakeholders informed using a variety of channels.
- Leverage Kaleidoscope as a unique entity, ripe with opportunity.
- Develop a five-year sustainability plan for Low Vision Services.
- Foster and perpetuate exceptional leadership from a diverse and talented Board of Directors.
- Nurture opportunities for leadership development among the staff and identify prospective succession plans for staff leadership positions.
Goal #4: Strengthen the financial position of UDS for continued sustainability and growth.
- Reduce annual operating losses with continued attention to all-expense line.
- Evaluate opportunities for growth and revenue enhancement from complementary programs, including community Employment, All-Star Training Club, and Toy & Resource Center.
- Develop supplemental funding resources to help narrow the gap between program costs and reimbursement rates.