Volunteering at UDS is a great way to:
- Gain experience and earn student service hours
- Complete an internship
- Provide a group team building and service experience
- Stay active and involved in the community as a retiree
- Meet new people and make a difference
- Become an advocate for inclusion
- All-Star Training Club Our integrated sports program is where everyone, regardless of ability, can play competitive sports, including basketball, bocce, bowling, cornhole, golf, flag football, volleyball and more. Volunteer activity assistants and coaches are needed evenings and weekends to assist the athletes and sharing their enthusiasm and positive attitude.
- Toy and Resource Center Our Toy and Resource Center (TRC) lends 4,200 developmental toys and resources to the community. As a TRC Assistant you would prepare items for lending (including cleaning, sorting, labeling) and assist at the front desk. Volunteers are needed Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons.
- SociAbilities This adult day program provides social-recreation
al and therapeutic activities for people ages 18 and older. As a SociAbilities Assistant you would provide support to adults so they can fully participate in crafts, games, and other activities. Volunteers are also welcome to share their skills and talents (music, magic, etc) with program participants or to schedule a visit with your certified service animal.
- Adopt-a-Garden Gardens contribute to a healthy lifestyle, reduce stress and build a sense of community. Garden space is available at Firestone Park and Main Street locations in Akron. Help us create a warm, welcoming space at UDS! Spring and fall cleanup is needed, as well as routine maintenance throughout the summer. Flower donations are appreciated.
- Community Employment Use your expertise to assist our job seekers with resume review and mock interviews. Help students and adults build their confidence and identify areas for improvement to better prepare them to enter the workforce through our community employment services.
Interested in learning more about our volunteer opportunities? Contact us today.